The Contemporary Austin is hiring a temporary Executive Assistant.
Read MoreShow Less
The Contemporary Austin is hiring a temporary Executive Assistant (40 hours per week) from early April through end of July 2019. This person will support the museum’s Executive Director in a wide range of areas, including scheduling, meeting planning, travel arrangements, and written correspondence. Pay rate commensurate with experience.
- Manage calendar, including planning of board meetings, staff meetings, and various appointments; draft meeting agendas; prepare materials; send invitations and monitor RSVPs; take meeting minutes; follow up as needed
- Coordinate travel plans, including arrangement of flights and hotels
- Greet visitors, answer Director’s phone line, and provide hospitable welcome
- Liaise with Board of Trustees and Senior Staff on behalf of Executive Director
- Compose high volume of written correspondence, including formal letters, emails, and acknowledgments
- Maintain department files
- Monitor department budget and process expense reports
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years experience in administrative support role strongly preferred
- Highly organized; Strong attention to detail
- Impeccable writing skills (both formal business correspondence and informal email communications)
- Familiarity with contemporary art preferred
- Clear, effective communication skills
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced work environment
- Professional demeanor and attire
- Highly proficient in MS Outlook and Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Experience with budgeting preferred, ability to monitor departmental budget and track expenses
- Ability to maintain high level of discretion and strict confidentiality standards
- Schedule requirements: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (core hours)
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references in Word or PDF format to email@example.com with subject line “Temporary Executive Assistant.” No phone calls please. The Contemporary Austin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Contemporary Austin is hiring a part-time Store Associate.
Read MoreShow Less
The Contemporary Austin seeks to hire an enthusiastic sales professional as part-time Store Associate. With two shop locations, one at our lakeside sculpture park at Laguna Gloria, and the other at the downtown Jones Center location on Congress Avenue, the new museum shop features artist-designed merchandise and an array of products that reflect the museum’s contemporary art focus. This person will work 25 hours per week, including some weekend hours. Pay rate: $16-18/hour, depending on experience. Eligible for vacation and sick leave, as well as free tuition at our Art School.
- Monitor and maintain proper inventory levels
- Consistently implement the shop’s visual presentation and merchandising standards
- Serve as key communicator to merchant group on product feedback and strategic opportunities
- Train staff on product selection to ensure a consistent, quality store experience for customers and maximize sales and profitability
- Recommend product selection and place merchandise orders
- In conjunction with staff, open, balance, and close out registers daily, following financial controls and accounting best practices
- In conjunction with staff, provide excellent customer service and process transactions efficiently
- Work with accounting team on financial reporting and sales figures
- Minimum of 2 years’ retail experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, retail merchandising, or similar field preferred (or equivalent work experience)
- Buying experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency using modern point-of-sale systems; experience with Square for Retail preferred
- Professional demeanor and outstanding customer service skills
- Financial acumen and basic understanding of best practices in financial transactions
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to inquiries promptly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Store Associate.” No phone calls please. The Contemporary Austin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Contemporary Austin – Art School at Laguna Gloria is hiring experienced instructors in all subject areas.
Read MoreShow Less
The Art School is hiring experienced instructors for future semesters in all areas. Primary immediate needs are for artists with experience in wood, metal, and fabrication to help us expand our sculpture program. Daytime availability is especially helpful.
We also welcome candidates to submit new course ideas. We take pride in the high quality of our instruction and the student-centered learning environment offered at the Art School. Please review our website to become familiar with the subjects we currently offer.
- BA or MFA in studio art, art education, or relevant teaching subject.
- Minimum of two years’ experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in preferred medium or field.
- High level of personal motivation, dependability, and punctuality.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to nurture, encourage, and support the creativity of developing artists.
Additional considerations when hiring:
- Instructor’s personal work and reputation as an artist.
- Facility and materials requirements for new class proposals.
- Likelihood a proposed class will meet or exceed our average class enrollment.
- Relevance of a proposed class to the mission of The Contemporary Austin and the Art School.
Instructor Application and Class Proposal Submission
Please use the above link to attach your cover letter and résumé. Applicants may also use the link to submit a new class proposal.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Administrative Coordinator, The Contemporary Austin – Art School
The Contemporary Austin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Additional opportunities to get involved:
JOIN OUR DOCENT TEAM
Mission: The Contemporary Austin reflects the spectrum of contemporary art through exhibitions, commissions, education, and the collection.
Vision: The Contemporary Austin aspires to be the contemporary art museum for Austin and an essential part of city life. Through its unique combination of urban and outdoor sites, The Contemporary will embody an eclectic and collaborative spirit.