The Contemporary Austin is hiring a part-time Groundskeeper (30 hours/week) to help oversee the property and landscape maintenance of its Laguna Gloria location.
Read MoreShow Less
The Contemporary Austin is hiring a part-time Groundskeeper (30 hours/week) to help oversee the property and landscape maintenance of its Laguna Gloria location. This person will help to ensure the pristine condition of this 14-acre site, which requires regular landscaping duties and grounds maintenance, including along the extensive shoreline. This position is almost exclusively outdoors and is eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term disability insurance, as well as 401(k) plan with employer match. The position pays $14/hour.
- Ensure that grounds are properly prepared prior to Grounds Rental and other functions weekdays and weekends.
- Ensure all grounds are properly cleared of plant debris and litter on a regular basis.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all grounds equipment and tools.
- Help oversee weekly contract maintenance crew for historic two-acre portion.
- Order and maintain supplies.
- Clean and maintain fountains.
- Adhere to city water restrictions.
- Adhere to annual budgets and procedure for submitting purchase orders, and work to secure least expensive solutions while striving for highest care of a national treasure.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in landscaping, gardening, and/or outdoor property maintenance.
- Ability to operate landscaping equipment and tools, including mowers and weed eaters.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 75 pounds.
- Knowledge of native plants and invasive plant species.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Comfortable working outdoors in a variety of conditions.
- Comfortable working independently and in small teams.
- Self-starter and proactive worker.
To apply, please submit résumé and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Groundskeeper.” No phone calls please.
The Contemporary Austin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Art School is hiring experienced instructors in all subject areas.
Read MoreShow Less
The Art School is hiring experienced instructors for future semesters in all areas. Primary immediate needs are for artists with experience in wood, metal, and fabrication to help us expand our sculpture program. Daytime availability is especially helpful.
We also welcome candidates to submit new course ideas. We take pride in the high quality of our instruction and the student-centered learning environment offered at the Art School. Please review our website to become familiar with the subjects we currently offer.
- BA or MFA in studio art, art education, or relevant teaching subject.
- Minimum of two years’ experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in preferred medium or field.
- High level of personal motivation, dependability, and punctuality.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to nurture, encourage, and support the creativity of developing artists.
Additional considerations when hiring:
- Instructor’s personal work and reputation as an artist.
- Facility and materials requirements for new class proposals.
- Likelihood a proposed class will meet or exceed our average class enrollment.
- Relevance of a proposed class to the mission of The Contemporary Austin and the Art School.
Instructor Application and Class Proposal Submission
Please use the above link to attach your cover letter and résumé. Applicants may also use the link to submit a new class proposal.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Administrative Coordinator, The Contemporary Austin – Art School
The Contemporary Austin is an equal-opportunity employer.