The Art School is hiring experienced instructors in all subject areas.
Read MoreShow Less
The Art School is hiring experienced instructors for future semesters in all areas. Primary immediate needs are for artists with experience in wood, metal, and fabrication to help us expand our sculpture program. Daytime availability is especially helpful.
We also welcome candidates to submit new course ideas. We take pride in the high quality of our instruction and the student-centered learning environment offered at the Art School. Please review our website to become familiar with the subjects we currently offer.
- BA or MFA in studio art, art education, or relevant teaching subject.
- Minimum of two years’ experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in preferred medium or field.
- High level of personal motivation, dependability, and punctuality.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to nurture, encourage, and support the creativity of developing artists.
Additional considerations when hiring:
- Instructor’s personal work and reputation as an artist.
- Facility and materials requirements for new class proposals.
- Likelihood a proposed class will meet or exceed our average class enrollment.
- Relevance of a proposed class to the mission of The Contemporary Austin and the Art School.
Instructor Application and Class Proposal Submission
Please use the above link to attach your cover letter and résumé. Applicants may also use the link to submit a new class proposal.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Administrative Coordinator, The Contemporary Austin – Art School
The Contemporary Austin is an equal-opportunity employer.