Summer Studio Spectacular for Teachers
Join us for a weeklong immersive studio workshop for current K-12 teachers this July!
You'll experiment with open-ended activities and explore works of contemporary art in this energizing teacher workshop. Guest artists will lead special sessions throughout the week, including artists Betsy Murphy, Teruko Nimura, and Robert Jackson Harrington.
- Sessions will meet in one of the Art School at Laguna Gloria's beautiful studios, plus explore the serene 14-acre sculpture park.
- We'll spend the final day at our downtown location, the Jones Center on Congress Avenue, for rooftop reflections and more studio time.
- CPE credit is available for each hour attended.
Registration is open through May 25!
Cost: $70 ($60 for Museum Members). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Space is very limited.
Locations: Laguna Gloria, 3809 W. 35th Street, Austin, Texas, 78703, and the Jones Center, 700 Congress Avenue, Austin, Texas, 78701
Why spend a week experimenting with contemporary art? Check out testimonials from past attendees!
- "We are contemporary! It's fun to see and explore living and working artists of today."
- "Contemporary art exposes students to diverse concepts and ideas and helps to expand their notions of what is possible. It's always more impactful to see the work in person."
- "Using contemporary artists in class brings a more relatable perspective for students. Most students think of artists as old and even dead - but bringing artists that are alive and creating is exciting!"
- "Contemporary art can be challenging to introduce to elementary students, but it's feeling more possible after learning how The Contemporary's educators break it down. Contemporary art has a lot of critical thinking and critical conversations happening."
- "This is a fantastic professional development course!"